Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Model#mc17f808kdt goes completely blank. I will come back on…

Model#mc17f808kdt goes completely...

Model#mc17f808kdt goes completely blank. I will come back on when I open and close the door repeatedly. I can reset the clock, but when I try to operate the microwave, it shuts down very shortly.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Samsung model# ***** June 2012.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Sorry, 2015

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Completely blank

I would do the work myself if it's not too involved
1/17/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

I still need assistance. I had it working for a very short period of time.

well the first thing we need to check would be the fuses do you happen to have a multimeter?

I have two different thermostats and a diode that will need to be tested to rule them out. If they all pass then your electronic control board is at fault and will need to be replaced. The control board is around 77 dollars and the other parts are around 4-15 dollars. So this will hopefully be a pretty cheap and easy job if you are up to the task.

Not right at the moment. If the If I can get it to work occasionally , could it perhaps just be the switch that is activated by closing the door?

well there is a door switch but that would not cause your display to go blank so I do not think that would be the case. Maybe a lose wire on the control board or possibly something wrong with the power supply.

That makes sense. How do I access the control voard?

if you click on control box it will show a blow out and the part is 1-1 on the blow out.

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/MC17F808KDTAA0000/1482/0123370.html​

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman