Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool duet front loading washer that leaks

I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool duet front loading washer that leaks during the spin cycle. Water drips of the bottom of the counterweight at the front of the machine. Replaced the front bellow seal. This did not solve the problem. No visible leaks anywhere.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 5 years old. Model #WTFW8500SR01.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's about it. Cannot see where the water is coming from. Seems to be the back side of the counterweight.

1/17/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You'll need to remove the counter weight to see if there is a hole rubbed into the outer plastic tub. If so, that means your inner stainless steel basket needs to be replaced because the rear basket support has broke and the inner basket is wobbling a bit too much causing it to rub on the tub.

Other than that, if there is no hole, it's definitely coming from the bellow. I know you replaced this but often times technicians will replace this bellow and if it isn't installed perfectly, the water will drip out the bottom where it connects to the outer tub and leak behind the weight and down the front of the outer tub. You can try to re-install the bellow or return it and get a new one.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Why would it only leak during the spin cycle?
I washed two small loads and no leak. Washed one normal load and the leak returned.
Gave you a 5 star rating

Thank you. I can't really say why it only leaks during spin, but that is when the basket is shaking around the most so typically that is when it would leak.

Thank you.

Not a problem but I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're having.