Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Is there a number we can call to speak with someone IN

Customer Question
Hello John -- is...

Hello John -- is there a number we can call to speak with someone IN CANADA about our Panasonic microwave?

Contractor's Assistant: What Panasonic product do you have?

MICRO-WAVE Models: NN-SD797S/SD997S
Our door does not open; the light is on inside; the message on the door says DEMO MODE; and we are unable to take the microwave OUT of the 'hole' it is in because it is embedded in the casing and the 'feet' are too LOW to allow us to pull the micro-wave out.

Contractor's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic product?

We jacked it up as far as we could to see if it was possible to pull out of the encasing -- it is not. We tried to push the various buttons to see if the light would go off inside or if a reset would allow us to open the door. Neither worked.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

The button that normally opens the door pushes all the way IN without any resistance and does NOTHING to OPEN.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/16/2018
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

THANK YOU

If the display is showing demo then its in demo mode.

All you need to do is press the Timer/ Clock button 4 times and this will turn the demo mode off from there.

Try that and see what happens and let me know.

we just did this -- nothing happened -- except the screen is now blank.
The REAL ISSUE -- is how do we open the door
Of course we COULD talk to you on the phone BUT -- it looks like we have already paid $5.00 + $42. (or something like that) would this be $32. on top of that??
we have already watched a Youtube video on how to FIX the issue with the door but FIRST we need to know how we can get access to the door -- as we are unable to take the micro-wave out of the space it is encased in because the ''feet' are too low to lift the micro-wave over the bottom ledge of the encasing. Those 'feet' obstruct possibility of removing the micro-wave from it's 'hole' under the kitchen island.