Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have KitchenAid Dishwasher - Model KUDS30FXPA4 I have

I have KitchenAid Dishwasher...

I have KitchenAid Dishwasher - Model KUDS30FXPA4 I have tried rebooting it - it seemed to go through the sequence. However, it will still not operate. Also, I have toggled the power off and on. Before I spend the money on a new control, are there diagnostic tests that I can do to verify that the control is the fundamental problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchased 12/11 - KUDS30FXPA4

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When I ran the test sequence, water seemed to flow in properly, the pump emptied the dishwasher, and the heating coil seemed to warm up.

1/16/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This is not a control board problem, it's a jammed or bad circulation pump. The circulation pump is completely different than the drain pump which is why the drain pump still works and drains the water. I would remove the circulation pump and if you see anything jamming it, remove whatever blockage you find and re-install the pump to see if it works again. If there is no blockage or it won't work after removing the blockage, replace the pump. The pump is part number WPW10239401 and below is a video on how to access and replace it. It does require uninstalling the entire dishwasher and tipping it on it's side or back to remove the pump from below. A new pump is about $150 or so.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc