Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE Microvave Oven started up on its own in the middle of…

My GE Microvave Oven...

My GE Microvave Oven started up on its own in the middle of the night. The message indicated that there might be a short in the key board. The Model is JNM1541DN1WW. My question is "can the touch panel be replaced by me?" I am an engineer and believe I could make a simple exchange if appropriaate.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was built into my new home in Nov 2009. As above, the model is JNM1541DN1WW the only one showing.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I can if it is simple enough and doesn't require any testing.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

As i said, it started cycling by itself. After turning the circuit breaker off and then on again, it may go for hours before starting to cycle again.

I've been this route before so I will contact a local GE service shop. Thanks anyway.
1/16/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Yes the keypad control panel can be easily replaced .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Master Tech