Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a ge monogram dishwasher zbd6880k10ss. opened the…

I have a ge...

I have a ge monogram dishwasher zbd6880k10ss. opened the door heard a popping sound then no power. did not trip house breaker, would a new keypad fix this?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Maybe 10 years. there was a recall on it and we had it repaired about 3 years ago. never had a problem . mod ZBD6880K10ss ser RL826343B

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so. not even sure what the recall was about.

1/16/2018
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

To be honest its more then likely the main control board thats failed rather then the Keypad as this is just a touch pad that selects the cycle.

For it to pop and go off then its more then likely the control board itself at fault.

For this you need to remove the outer door panel and from there you can access the control board from there. Just make sure the power is off and then remove the board and see if theres signs of burning on there. As for it to go pop and loose power then its more then likely the control board thats failed here rather then the Keypad at fault.

But the control board is quite expensive as its about $140 so not a cheap fix im afraid.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician