Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My GE Profile electric oven accidentily got locked. Please…

Customer Question
My GE Profile electric...

My GE Profile electric oven accidentily got locked. Please tell me how to unlock the control panel. Thank You.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about 8 years old. Under the 9 and 0 .

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No this did happen once before. I forgot to write down the instructions for unlocking thenkeypad.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
1/16/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 month ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
where will I find the model number?

If you open the oven door it should be on the inner face frame.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
model number JTP70SPISS KW 3.4

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model

And you need to know how to unlock the control panel is that correct?

ok to unlock the control panel you need to press and hold the number 9 and the number 0 or the hour and minute keys for 3 seconds , the use and care booklet shows either way .

here is also a PDF file for the use and care booklet the control lock is on page 19

http://products.geappliances.com/MarketingObjectRetrieval/Dispatcher?RequestType=PDF&Name=49-80598.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That did not unlock the control panel. I don't hour and minute keys so I assume that I press the 9 and the 0 at the sam time. When I press the button the oven does beep.

and you are pressing the 0 and the 9 at the same time and holding for three seconds not just the count of three?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I used a timer for the 3 seconds. I know something like this worked in the past. Sorry about my typing .

ok lets hold them for 5 seconds and see what happens.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will hold them for 5 seconds, but I wanted to let you know that the clock is the only display working on the panel. I don't know if that makes a dfference
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
nothing happened

ok so if the display is not showing LOC ON then the control panel is not locked.

what made you think the control was locked?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Because nothing worked I assumed that it was locked. I just threw the majer. circuit breaker and it now works.Sorrry for your trouble

ok that where we were going next to reboot the control board .

Glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech
Master Tech