Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The ice maker of my Kenmore side by side refrigerator, model…

The ice maker...

The ice maker of my Kenmore side by side refrigerator, model # 106.52603100, does not produce ice. I've already replaced part # 628399, with substitution part # w10190935, and it still is not working. Nothing else on the icemaker seems to be broken. The water valve, part #(###) ###-#### must be fine, since the water dispenser still works fine. Any thoughts?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The refrigerator was purchased in 2002. Model No. 106.52603100, Seriel No. SM0959888.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The reason I replaced the module is because I thought the timing on the unit might be off, since at one point it was spraying water, but not ejecting the ice. Now it is not doing anything. The temp in the freezer is set to zero degrees.

1/16/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

the water valve is a dual water valve one side for chilled water the other side for ice maker fill ,and they do work separately from each other.

Does the icemaker have any water or ice in it at this time?

No

ok If the icemaker does not have ice or water in it ,when you replaced the module did you cycle the icemaker to see if it would then fill with water ?

How do you cycle the ice maker?

use a short jumper wire made from #12 romex wire and strip both ends 1/2 inch and on the front of the icemaker module you will see holes with letters next to the holes find T to H and jump the two and the icemaker will cycle and fill with water if the water inlet valve is good .

Ok. I see it. I’ll try that, and if that doesn’t work I’ll get a new water valve. Thanks for your help.

yes correct.

Do you need a link to the water inlet valve assembly?

that would be helpful. Thanks.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

And the part is located on the rear of the refrigerator.

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Thank you in advance !

And glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech