Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool imperial ultimate care II series, for a…

I have a Whirlpool imperial...
I have a Whirlpool imperial ultimate care II series, for a few days now it is not working right, first started to get stuck just before the spin cycle starts retaining the water and won't spin or eject, restarting the cycle to a previous point got it to work couple times. For 2 days now it is stuck and adjusting the dial is not fixing it, I can get it to start the cycle but still get stuck and fully stop half way before the spin cycle or just before it with the water still not ejecting nor it spins, what might be the cause to that problem?
1/16/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The reason the washer doesn't spin out or drain is because the washer thinks the lid isn't closing properly. There is a lid switch under the top of the washer and you'll need to order and replace this part as it's beginning to fail. This switch won't stop the washer from filling or washing, only drain, rinse, and spin. Below is a video on how to replace this yourself.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc