Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I would like to know how much it would cost to have a water…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to know how much it would cost to have a water valve on a whirlpool refrigerator replaced? The fridge has no water or ice.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I don't know the exact model it is a fridge I'm thinking about buying from an individual. It has4 doors. 2 at the top , one in the middle and 1 at the bottom.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/16/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a full model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section and seen if you just open the refrigerator door.

Sorry, I see you don't have a model number because you don't have the refrigerator yet. As far as cost goes for a new valve, typically the valve is about $60-80. To have a technician install the part would be an additional $150-175 for trip and labor so in total you're probably look at about $200-230 to have the valve replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.