Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My jean-air built in oven keeps beeping and bringing up

Customer Question
My jean-air built in...

My jean-air built in oven keeps beeping and bringing up options w/o anyone trying to do any cooking

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Just a second to see if i can find this info please

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

A pro-style electric single w/convection JJW9530DDP probably 8 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
1/16/2018
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your Jenn Air oven . Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

I'm sure this is an annoying problem. The issue you are having indicates that the computer thinks a key is being pressed when it isn't. I would try two things first. First, clean the face of the control panel by wiping it with a clean cloth thoroughly. If that does not help, try power cycling the oven by turning off the power for 5 minutes then back on. If that does not help, you likely have a bad glass touch pad, which unfortunately is no longer available.

- PLEASE rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.

Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech