Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Model #PSC25MSTBSS side by side and at 1st it…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE Model #PSC25MSTBSS side by side and at 1st it doesn't get cold in the refridgerator side. Now its not getting cold enough in the freezer either. I pulled off the panel inside the freezer and the fan works and the coils weren't all iced up so what do I check from here? I've already checked the fan and coils in the back of the fridge and they are all working too.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model # PSC25MSTBSS and its about 12 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I was hoping I could if I can find the problem. The fridge is 10 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Like I said, 1st the fridge wasn't grtting cold and now its the freezer side not getting cold. It doesn't seem that the temperature is consistant. It changes a lot.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/16/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Was anything frosted up on the coil?