Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator, Model # 795.72043.111.

We have a Kenmore...

We have a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator, Model # 795.72043.111

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

When we press the area for water, at times it does not shut off. We have to remove the facing to stop the water.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

How can we correct this?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We purchased the home two years ago, and have been living here another two years. I would say the refrig. is about 4 years old. The model was taken inside the right panel, as 795.72043.111

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/16/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Often it is due to a bad dispenser switch, I would recommend replacing this switch on the dispenser assembly to fix that issue. Here is a link to the switch. Just pop the dispenser off to get to the switch and change it out.

CLICK HERE SWITCH

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

When I receive the dispenser switch, will there be instructions on assembling it or mounting it.
By removing the stainless steel plate on the front, I can't see where the switch would go.
I ordered the switch and if it works, I would gladly give you an excellent rating.

There may be instructions with the switch, but you should be able to see it behind the control panel

I received the dispenser switch, no directions, but was able to figure it out, and installed it.
I don't seem satisfied that will solve the problem. Time will tell!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Per your recommendation, we ordered and replaced the dispenser switch,
but we are still having the same problem,
When we dispensed for water, the unit does not stop running.
We have to remove the front plate, an activate the switch behind until
the water stops.
What else do you recommend?
Regards,
Mark
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician