Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Dishwasher shows E:15 for hrs and mins. water check is

Customer Question
Dishwasher shows E:15 for...

Dishwasher shows E:15 for hrs and mins. water check is blinking and Quick 45 min. cycle as well. refill rinse aid lihht is on at the bottom left.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

SMS68M32AU How do we run it?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible. Machine was not in use button/s must have been bumped

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It will not switch on or off and goes back to same readout after being off at main power switch

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/16/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is a flood issue on the unit. If water gets into the flood basin down by the motor it activates the pump and nothing will work on the unit except the drain pump will run no matter what. You will need to remove the dishwasher from the cabinet to get at the left or right side to access the flood basin under the unit by the motor. See if there is water in it and you will have to suck it all out or dry it out very good. I use a shop vac. After that you will be able to run the machine, but you may want to run it out of the cabinet to source the leak as something leaked to get the water in the flood basin in the first place.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago

Hi there,