Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an insidkerator that needs to be replaced. Are all…

I have an insidkerator...

I have an insidkerator that needs to be replaced. Are all brands a standard size when we hook it up to the sink or do we need to be super careful to buy one that will fit?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

The disposal has been leaking for about a month. We were able to patch it for our tenants while we looked for a replacement. At this point we are going to install a new disposal.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so. I have the model number of the one we are replacing, it's just unclear on the websites I have been looking at if we can simply install a new one or we need to make sure it fits first.

1/16/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

OK. Would you like the model number of the disposal we have currently installed?

If you get an ISE, EMERSON Or TRU VALUE brand they will fit the exact same. IF it is a GE that will be different. SO basically you can get anything that says.....ISE, EMERSON or TRU VALUE brand and it will mount the same.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

OK great, The one that is currently installed in an Emmerson. I assume that most hardware stores should carry this?

Yes for sure, any Emerson unit will fit perfect In-Sink-Erator makes Emerson it is the same product

in the Insinkerator brand part of Emerson? It's unclear when i'm searching if that is a separate brand and I'm not finding anything when I search for Emerson disposal.
Sorry, I just saw your earlier message. Thank you

If you want the best unit for the money get this one....CLICK HERE

great, I will check that out

Sounds good

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician