Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a kitchen aid stove model M-YKERCS07HT4. The oven is…

Customer Question
I have a kitchen...

I have a kitchen aid stove model M-YKERCS07HT4 . The oven is starting to just shut off by itself unannounced . what would be the problem. the stove top still heats up but everything else shuts off. a PF shows up, but the house power is still on.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 2004

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No thats about it. we were just cooking supper in the oven and it shut off

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/15/2018
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your stove . Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

Ok thanks

Whenever you get an error like that, itmeans that your oven thinks that the power failed. This is usaually due to a loose connection that only shows up when a lot of power is being drawn by the oven. What I would check would be the cord in the back - make sure it is firmly plugged in - if it is, then unplug it and clean the spades off then plug it back in. If it still has the same error, take the back off and inspect the terminal block where the cord connects to the oven. Those things are the most likely to cause the issue you are having. If you do need a terminal block, the part number is 8203546.

- PLEASE rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.