Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I moved into a new home in December 2016. 2 days ago my

Customer Question
I moved into a...

I moved into a new home in December 2016. 2 days ago my microwave displayed the open and shut door display. Light does not come on and the display will not go away.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Not at home, so I can't check, but it was new and installed in December of 2016, so a little over a year old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Is there a way to troubleshoot it?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It says there is a 10 year warranty on the the sticker on the microwave.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/15/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So I know this issue is slightly out of warranty, but you'll want to call warranty to see if they will help fix this issue. It's a well known problem and Whirlpool will usually fix it under warranty. There are 3 door switches for safety reasons and the middle door switch with 3 terminals on it is failing. This door switch wasn't durable from the factory so the switch has been re-designed to handle more electricity. The switch just needs to be replaced to resolve the issue. The phone number for warranty is 1.***-***-****.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?