Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a 5 year old ge profile refrigerator counter depth…

I have a 5...

I have a 5 year old ge profile refrigerator counter depth and the water dispenser has quit.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I have a counter depth ge profile fridge and the water dispenser has quit?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is easy

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It still makes ice

1/15/2018
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.
Please provide me with the model number of the unit you are needing help with so that I can give you model specific information. The model number is ***** on a tag inside the refrigerator, look on the side wall inside the fridge and you will see a tag with the serial and model number listed on it as soon as I get that information I will get your answer prepared as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Pfcs1rkzhss
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If you think I can fix it

ya you can fix it, there are two main issues that can cause that and either are fairly easy repairs. Give me a moment and I will get the info you need written up, thanks.

ok below I have linked the tech data on the water inlet valve if you have a ohm volt meter you will want to check the coil resistances on the valve as specified on the sheet but odds are That is the part that is causing the problem and the most common issue. The valve has two solenoids on it one for the water dispenser and one for the ice maker so one can fail while the other still works, so just because the ice maker is still working does not mean the valve is good. If you don't have a ohm meter and you have not noticed anything freezing in the refrigerator section then just replace the valve. If you have noticed things freezing in the refrigerator let me know because that is a different issue and the water tank has frozen and the water can't dispense. The replacement coil is listed below and the instructions to replace it are on the data sheet below:

Refrigerator Water Inlet Valve Assembly

Part #: WR57X10040 - click here for part info at sears

click here for water inlet tech data page

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks

welcome

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson