Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a Maytag Gemini Electric Range and it is displaying…

Have a Maytag Gemini...

Have a Maytag Gemini Electric Range and it is displaying error message F9-6. What could be the problem and is it safe to keep using?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Apx 25yrs

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was working fine until last night.

1/14/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can you get me the model number off the tag on the frame edge of the unit?

MER6770

That is a lower latch code meaning the unit is seeing an issue with the latch position. The lower latch goes through to the back of the oven you should pull the unit out and remove the back panel to get at the switch and cam to see if the switch is not working or it is not to the HOME position, maybe the motor stopped. CHeck it out and see often just the switch sticks and needs to be replaced or the actuatir needs to be freed up.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician