Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

KA Superba Oven- KA Superba Oven- original from 2004- Oven…

Customer Question
KA Superba Oven- Contractor's...

KA Superba Oven-

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

KA Superba Oven- original from 2004- Oven w/ Convection Capability. Occasional Power failure indication- had failure over holiday w/ a PF shutdown while baking batches of cookies. Found burnt Red (pink?) wire insulation on left wire( looking down on control panel) into Potter Brumfield relay- T9AS1D22-24- 240Vac.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Up to a point since I have the oven out now and can do basic checks- Thought if it was basic . Already changed out the connector for new on the wire- How do I check to see it as a problem in the relay vs wiring. For PF other possibilities?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Cleaned dust from top of oven- Looking to the untrained eye- I do not see anything else out of order

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/14/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The PF error just means that the control "saw" that the power was removed from the control itself.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The tag is on the oven frame once the door is opened.