Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool side by side runs but won't get cold enough to…

Customer Question
Whirlpool side by side...

Whirlpool side by side runs but won't get cold enough to freeze warn in fridge.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2012 model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I canid like to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It's running I'm thinking I have turned something with digital stuff on the front

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/14/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Okay, pull the unit out so you can get behind it. Remove the back lower panel to access the compressor area and condenser fan. Check and see if the fan is running and also see if the compressor is vibrating or not, plus see if the compressor is hot ,cold or warm to the touch. please post back to me with what you have found. Also note anything you have changed out part wise or have done and not mentioned in your original post. I am helping other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.