Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag electric dryer, model MDE6700 and it will…

I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag electric dryer, model MDE6700 and it will not turn on - breaker was not tripped and I reset it anyway, still will not turn on when I press the power button. It worked last night but nothing this morning.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 6 years. Model MDE6700AYW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Serial number is *****

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/14/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Have you confirmed you have 240 volts to the terminal block where the cord connects to the unit and all wiring there is good?

You need a new display board then to fix that issue. They stopped making the part however it is available on EBAY...>CLICK HERE PART FOR YOUR UNIT<

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician