Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ice maker has started giving me some hollow ice cubes. It…

Customer Question
My ice maker has...

My ice maker has started giving me some hollow ice cubes.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is about 4 to 5 years old. It has the watersupply on the inside of the fridge that is the drinking water spout.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Never. I need experience.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can look for the original papers to give the exact model.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/14/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hollow cubes are cause when the water supply is reduced to the refigerator. It could be a blocked water filter of the shutoff valve in the house. How is the flow at the watersupply inside the refrig? Turn off the water to the refrig tightly and then open all the way. Does the waterflow get better?

Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago

Hello, do you still need help with this request? Dave

Please cancel this silliness. Thank you,

Are you asking to cancel the request? What is silly?