Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have a Viking VCBB 2R-SS fridge freezer. Fridge is t

We have a Viking...

We have a Viking VCBB 2R-SS fridge freezer. Fridge is t cooling down properly even at max. Freezer is fine

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Viking is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We bought it used so not 100% sure but maybe 5-10?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My husband would like to try unless it’s too complicated then we will have someone do it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can anyone answer the question? Thanks
Answered in 1 day by:
1/15/2018
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel. Thank you!
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago

Yes of course I do. I paid $5 as requested and have not had an answer.

Thank you, ***** ***** continue to look for an Expert to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.
Best,
Gina~Moderator
travis webb

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Do you happen to have a multimeter? We are going to need to test the thermistor on this unit?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry but what’s a multimeter?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We got the multimer and my husband is waiting for your call
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok please let us know what to do
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have the multimeter and I am ready to test
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please send instructions

ca​n you double check the model number on the inside of the fridge door for me please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
vcbb362rss
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It looks like the thermister is exposed. Looks like a button by the vent. Can I just touch the multimeter to it? Which setting does the multimeter need to be on?

youw ill put it to its lowest setting and test for continuity. Unplug the thermistor first though. do not test it while still hooked up.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Should the power to the fridge be off?

yes that would be best

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was able to test in the refrigerator unit, not freezer. The multimeter read 0. It think I tested correctly.

ok so yes that tested correctly. Let me ask you this is the fan in the freezer running? You should hear it running when the door is shut and stop when the door is open.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No the fan runs when the door is open or closed

ok now does the light come on or off in the freezer when you hit the door switch.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No it stays on the whole time

ok ​so this could be just a simple door switch problem then. If the freezer door switch is not working then its not telling the unit to stop and start cooling. In order to get the freezer door switch ordered though you will have to contact Viking directly. One more thing I want you to check though is the compressor which on your unit is up top. Its a black pot. I need you to see if its running hot or warm?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. The compressor is enclosed up top and it seems like it’s warm

ok ​warm is good it means its not a compressor leak. So you will need to contact a Viking part rep to get the correct part for your freezer door switch. Here is a phone number you can call to get that part ordered.

1-***-***-****

hop​efully this is all that is the problem you are having. The only other thing that makes sense would be a control board shortage. That can get a bit trickier with switching out but not impossible.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you very much

you are so very welcome.

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb
travis webb