Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a dishwasher that will not drain all the way. Its A…

Customer Question
I have a dishwasher...

I have a dishwasher that will not drain all the way

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Its A GE

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I cleaned out the overflow value, used a pipe cleaner and cleaned the rubber pipe that goes into the disposal. cleaned the filter that comes out in the bottom of the diswasher - it was coated with white. we even did something I had read that said one table spoon of baking soda to 2 tablespoons of vinegar

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/14/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Is the drain pump running on the unit?

the drain pump runs and actually water goes into the disposal. The problem is when you run the dishwasher it evently overflows or something. We open it up and a bunch of water is sitting in the bottom. I even went so far as to take off the round filter and then take out two metal screws and take a cone looking thing out which opens it up to a catch area. Had some small pieces of glass in there but got that out.
Want to switch to a live phone call is not you?

Does the drain line go to a siphon gap then the disposal?

hose goes to the airgap thing then a separate line goes back down to the disposal

Clean the air gap out and see if that changes anything...CLICK HERE

i did that already

Ok does the drain pump actually run on the unit?