Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our whirlpool gas dryer is not working. However, it is

Customer Question
Our whirlpool gas dryer...

Our whirlpool gas dryer is not working. However, it is getting electric because the drum light is on.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Please be patient. I have to go to the dryer to look up the model#

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
The Whirlpool model# ***** ***** The serial# ***** *****
how much longer?
1/14/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

Travis - Are you available?
what do I need to do to get the dryer going? is there a re-set switch?

do ​you happen to have a multimeter that we can test any parts with?

No.

ok well lets try this first unplug the appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset and then we will go from there.

Unplugged dryer for 15 minutes before re-connecting. It didn't work.

ok if you happen to have a multimeter the first and most logical part that needs checked is the thermal fuse to see if it has failed. Also if you scroll down on this link it will have some helpful videos for testing and or replacing this part as well.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Fuse/WP3392519/2986?modelNumber=WGD5000DW1​

I just looked at my bank account. I was charged $56.00 ($5 on 1/16/18, $23 on 1/17/18 & $28 on 1/21/18). The advice I was given didn't work. I had to pay for an appliance repair guy to come to my house to diagnose the issue. I want my money back! You had no right to charge me anything more than the original $5. This service is a rip off!!!
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 6 months ago

W​ell I am glad to hear that you are up and running now. I did not charge you anything. I will however have your issue sent in for a refund.

Well, that's very interesting since my bank account tells me otherwise.

It is on your just answer account. I do not have access to your funds because I was not rated or rated highly. Its fine though. I do understand your frustration with the matter. As I said I have sent this in for a full refund.