Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Whirlpool Duet steam front load washing machine…

Customer Question
We have a Whirlpool...

We have a Whirlpool Duet steam front load washing machine that is about 4-5 years old. The last few loads it runs through its wash cycle normally and at the end of the last spin with one minute remaining it will randomly add 20 plus minutes to the cycle before it actually stops the final spin. There are not any error codes showing at all.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

4-5 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Possibly

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/14/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Often that is due to a blockage in the pump, first check the pump filter for any blockages making sure nothing is causing a slow pump out as that issue will happen if the pump is not able to pump all the water out really good and fast during spin. See what you find and let me know.

ok thanks! Can I get to that from the front of the machine?

You either have to remove the back of the unit or the front of the unit to get to it....CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!