Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a question about installing a Frigidaire garage kit…

I have a question...

I have a question about installing a Frigidaire garage kit in my Frigidaire LFHT2131QF4

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I yr old. And that is the exact model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That’s All

1/13/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

What is the question and kit part number you are installing?

Hello...I’ve got a LFHT2131Qf4 Frigidaire. It’s a second fridge, and is kept in and uninsulated garage. We recent had sub freezing temps, and the fridge stopped working...freezer thawed as temps dropped below freezing, and items in the fridge froze. I’ve done a l;to of online research and understand the problem. So I purchased the Frigidaire Garage Kit(###) ###-####. Online videos showed installation in the control/light unit. But my refrigerator seems to have a light unit mounted on the top of the fridge compartment, and a control unit slider on the side of the compartment.1. Can I use the Garge Kit on my fridge.
2. Do I install it on inside the overhead light unit? Is that where the temp sensor is?
3. If so, how do I get it off without breaking?Ken
Here’s the online video I referenced. https://youtu.be/hwh-yenKNJADidn’t realize that my control unit was on the side of the cabinet rather than a part of the overhead light housing.

The kit will work you have to install it in the housing above the light. Pop the light shield off then remove the vertical screws to get the housing down and put it in there. Here is a video to help. This is not a perfect fit for your unit but it will work. See video link below.

CLICK HERE

If you can please rate my service using the rating link on your page when done.

Thanks. I will watch the video. But I’ve al;ready removed light cover. But only found one hex head screw, in the center front. I removed it, but the unit still seems mounted to the ceiling of the fridge compartment. Do you think there are more screws hidden somewhere? Or does the unit “snap” on and off via clips?
The video link you sent me is the SAME video I sent you!
Is there a way I can send you a picture of my unit?

There is only one screw holding it in and it should come down. CLICK HERE IMAGE

OK! Will try again. Thanks for the help.

no problem

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician