Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Samsung RB215BSSB Refrgerator; Ice maker just quit…

I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung RB215BSSB Refrgerator; Ice maker just quit working, so I replaced the ice maker unit and it still does not work. Turns out I'm not getting water to the unit ; my water supply up to the fridge is good.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model is RB215BSWSSB

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well I replaced the Ice make r unit myself just now

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Seems I'm not getting water to the Ice maker unit itself. The wayer supply and pressure is good up to the Fridge

Answered in 1 day by:
1/15/2018
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel. Thank you!
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
I went ahead and order a meet water valve.
I did write in last night asking about another problem that developed; the chimes or beep alarm no longer goes off when refrige door or freezer door is left open??
Thanks for the help
Jim
Thank you, ***** ***** continue to look for an Expert to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.
Best,
Gina~Moderator
Much appreciate it.
Thank You,
Jim
Okay thank you,
Jim
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Have you tried to defrost the unit to make sure the water line is not iced to the icemaker?

No I didn't but will do so now.
The other situation about the chimes; they seem to be working now when door is left open so disregard my previous quest. about the Chime /alarms.
Thank you much for the assistance.
Jim watkins

Ok sounds good.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician