Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our dishwasher does not drain. Kenmore elite 66513229n412.

Customer Question
Our dishwasher does not...

Our dishwasher does not drain

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Kenmore elite 66513229n412

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just wondering if there's a reset, or if the drain motor is out. It lights up and fills, just doesn't drain.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/13/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Check the siphon gap next to your sink faucet, all dishwasher drain lines either go to a siphon gap next to the faucet or the trap/disposal port. The siphon gap is that small dome sitting next to your faucet. You need to remove the cap on it and then there will be a center piece that pops out or is round and unscrews to get in the middle of the siphon gap. Check that and see if you have a partial blockage in the siphon gap. If you do not have a siphon gap follow the drain line to where it connects to under the sink and check the end port for partial blockages both in the drain hose and at the trap or disposal port where it connects to. See link below for siphon gap checking. If you do not find anything let me know! Note if you replaced the disposal make sure the plug is knocked out.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

We checked that. Hose is clear.

OK then check the drain pump to see if it is blocked or running, you may have to slide the unit out and check it.

It doesn't seem to be running - no motor sound during the drain cycle and water remains in the dishwasher.
Get to the drain pump on the unit and test it for 120 volts with a meter.
Don't have a volt meter
Are you there?

Yes I am here, You would need one to check it or get to the pump and feel if it is warm when the unit should be running

I'll check for heat on the drain pump. There's water in it and it needs to be bailed out.

OK sounds good

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!