Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Washing machine won't start. Flashes F-28. I followed

Customer Question
Washing machine won't start...

Washing machine won't start. Flashes F-28. I followed instructions in manual but can't start it. Would umplugging and replugging in help?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's a Whiirlpool. I need to check model, hold on.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Duet Sport, do you need the actual model number? If it's just pushing buttons or unplugging, I can do that. Otherwise, no.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Like what?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/13/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Do you have the model number off the unit?

WFW8400TW00

That is a serial communication code, you often will need a new CCU board to fix that issue. First try to unplug the unit or shut the breaker off to the unit for 2 full minutes to reset all the controls on it. See if that changes the condition if not you need to replace this part on the unit. Remove the top and iot is the board off to the right hand side. See part link below, check the wiring from the CCU board to the MCU board below if that is good I would change out this part here. Sometimes the MCU fails but you can pop it out of the casing and inspect it for any burn spots on the backside just to be sure it is good.

CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.