Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The other night I was woken up by, what sounded like, metal…

Customer Question
The other night I...

The other night I was woken up by, what sounded like, metal parts hitting one another or even breaking. I opened the door and I heard nothing out of the ordinary. I checked the freezer and it was zero degrees and the frig was 40. The motor (?) in the freezer was running and I could feel cold air filtering down into the frig. I called a repair man that had been to my house before to repair items. He told me to check to see if there was any ice buildup in the back of the freezer. It was NO. He said, remove the back cover and see if there is any ice build up on the compressor. It was NO and feeling warm.. He said check the fan to see if it was loose and was it running. It was not loose and it was running. Can you give me advice? What should the temp be in the freezer and the refrigerator?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Whirlpooll Mod #: ET1CHMXKT06

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

SER #:ET0524726

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Am I supposed to hear a motor or something running in the refrig? I nonly hear something running when I open the freezer.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/13/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The only place that noise could come from is down below under the refrigerator or behind the back wall of the freezer---could you tell where the noise was coming from?