Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My freezer doesn't seem to be working. Temperature is slowly…

Customer Question
My freezer doesn't seem...

My freezer doesn't seem to be working. Temperature is slowly rising

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Samsung 2556

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would prefer not to

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
The freezer temp is blinking on the panel
1/13/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 4 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.

Let me try. I haven't done that before. Will advise. Thanks.

You are welcome please keep me posted. If that works please note that

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Unfortunately that did not remedy the problem.
The water dispenser isn't working either

hmmmm ok so does the fan in the freezer seem to be running at all?

Doesn't seem to be

ok next I need you to check the compressor in the back its a black pot thing. To see if its running and if it is , is it running hot?

The refrigerator side is working

Y​es I understand but if the fan is not running and the compressor is running hot its only a matter of time before the fridge temp drops as well. That is why I am trying to figure out if its just a fan or something more.

Compressor not hot

ok ​so what we need to do is take the back wall on the inside of the freezer panel off to see what is going on in there. If its ice built up and to check the fan out. The fan should run when the door is shut and stop when the door is open.

I'll need a tech for that

honestly I know it sounds hard but its not hard at all. This is something simple you can check.

you will see vents in the wall and most of the time you just push up and out to get the panel out. If it has a couple screws remove them and then push up and out.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman