Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My freezer doesn't seem to be working. Temperature is slowly…

Customer Question
My freezer doesn't seem...

My freezer doesn't seem to be working. Temperature is slowly rising

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Samsung 2556

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would prefer not to

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The freezer temp is blinking on the panel
1/13/2018
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago
travis webb

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me try. I haven't done that before. Will advise. Thanks.
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

You are welcome please keep me posted. If that works please note that

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Unfortunately that did not remedy the problem.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The water dispenser isn't working either
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

hmmmm ok so does the fan in the freezer seem to be running at all?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Doesn't seem to be
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

ok next I need you to check the compressor in the back its a black pot thing. To see if its running and if it is , is it running hot?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The refrigerator side is working
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

Y​es I understand but if the fan is not running and the compressor is running hot its only a matter of time before the fridge temp drops as well. That is why I am trying to figure out if its just a fan or something more.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Compressor not hot
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

ok ​so what we need to do is take the back wall on the inside of the freezer panel off to see what is going on in there. If its ice built up and to check the fan out. The fan should run when the door is shut and stop when the door is open.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'll need a tech for that
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

honestly I know it sounds hard but its not hard at all. This is something simple you can check.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

you will see vents in the wall and most of the time you just push up and out to get the panel out. If it has a couple screws remove them and then push up and out.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb