Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My freezer is defrosting. There is a wire inside the left of…

Customer Question
My freezer is defrosting...

My freezer is defrosting. There is a wire inside the left of the freezer. should this wire be in the up position or should it be facing down?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

This is a Maytag with the freezer compartment on the bottom. The settings are freezer "5" and the refrigerator setting is "3"

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I mentioned the wire because being up or down made a difference if the freezer was running or not

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/12/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

What is the complete modle number off the unit?