Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an upright freezer that is leaking water .And freezer…

I have an upright...

I have an upright freezer that is leaking water .And freezer is defrosting had to remove food .This is a G.E.model no.DID 20DPA THE.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

G.E.DID 20DPAA THE.YES SET ON 6

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

1/12/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you hear the unit running like it's trying to cool or is it 100% silent?

I can hear it running and I feel cool air coming out at opening.
Hello Tyler,Any help would be appreciated,Thanks.

OK. So unfortunately you're going to need a technician because if the fan is running, your thermostat is telling the unit to cool, but if it's not getting cold enough either you have a freon leak or a bad compressor---neither of these things are issues you can fix yourself. It'll require a technician to check the freon pressure or replace the compressor. The cost of the compressor is about $650 to replace it and the cost to re-charge the freon is about $450 so I'm not sure it's worth fixing or not, but those are the possibilities that would cause your problem.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc