Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool water heater not working, displays EO2 Alert! I…

Customer Question
Whirlpool water heater not...

Whirlpool water heater not working, displays EO2 Alert! I tried turning off the circuit bteakers, turning off and on the electrical switch, resetting the circuit breakers, and it appears to start up for just a moment but then displays E02 Alert!

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's older than 5 years old, my guess is that it is 6 to seven years old. Builder put it in when they remodeled the house and sold it to us.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model number is: ES80H123-45D

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, not yet.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/12/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

E02 means that your high limit thermostat has tripped on your water heater. If the water is way too hot, then your thermostat needs to be replaced. If the water is not too hot but you're getting an E02 error, your high limit thermostat needs to be replaced. The high limit thermostat is located behind the access cover toward the bottom of your hot water heater. Below is a link to the high limit thermostat so you know what you're looking for.

CLICK HERE for high limit thermostat

The normal thermostat is located behind the access cover toward the top of the hot water heater on the side. Remove the cover and you'll see the thermostat which looks like the part in the link below. You can press the red button to try to reset it or turn the dial on it to adjust the temperature.

CLICK HERE for thermostat

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?