Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do I install water filter for my whirlpool refrigerator?

Customer Question
How do I install...

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

08/24/09

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just want to replace the filter

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/10/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a full model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section and seen if you just open the refrigerator door.

w1txemmwb
I do not want to pay the additional $24.00

Sorry, I didn't send the phone option---the site sends that automatically. You can ignore that. This particular model doesn't have a filter built into it. If you wanted to add a filter, you'd need to get an in-line filter at a local hardware store (like Home Depot) and put a filter in-line with the water supply line behind the refrigerator.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

why am I being charged an additional fee?

You're not. You should only be charged for this question. The $24 was for the phone call option the site offered but you never accepted that so you shouldn't be charged a phone call.