Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Starting oven clicks and smell gas but does not ignite.

Customer Question
Starting oven clicks and...

Starting oven clicks and smell gas but does not ignite

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

About 4 years sp pn w10395093a

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not until I know what happened. I am not handy

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This happened today

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/10/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

When that happens you will generally need a new electrode for the oven to fix the issue, but you can remove the bottom panel in the oven to get to the electrode and use fine sand paper to clean the rod off and the shield tip where the spark is suppose to jump to off. Once it is clean it will often work fine again for awhile, but the permanent fix is a new electrode.

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.