Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My power went out and when it came back on my stove was

Customer Question
My power went out...

My power went out and when it came back on my stove was beeping and has an error code of F9E0. I was using the oven at the time of the power outage. I attempted turning the power to the range off and back on without success. What else can I do to reset the range?

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

I only turned the breaker off for about 10 min max.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

So I should turn the breaker off for a few hours?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Should I turn the breaker off for a few hours? Is that what your advice is?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/10/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

F9E0 means the power supply to you stove is not correct. You lost one side of the line. Turn off the breaker a few times and it may restore proper voltage. If the error comes back you will need a volt meter to test for 240 volts coming to the stove on the power cord. Let me know what happens when you reset the breaker. Dave

Hello again. Was my information helpful? Is there more I can do to help? Dave