Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Washer does not start cycle when turned on. A beeping sound…

Customer Question
Washer does not start...

Washer does not start cycle when turned on. A beeping sound starts about 3 minutes and a red light turns on to add garment and all buttons are locked. Need to power off washer to unlock door to remove unwashed clothes.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Amana Tandem 7300

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends om

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Depends on level of dificulty

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/10/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 6 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

I have been waiting all day for a call.
No it cost $24 so let's just try to do type it. Thank you.

I​ am so sorry if the site offered the automatic phone call that is not from me please disregard it. It will pop up again but its not from me. Give me a few minutes to pull up some information for you.

now have you tried unplugging the appliance for a full 5 minutes to do a hard reset? Also what is the full model number of your unit? Its located on the inside of the door area. I will need that in order to proceed.

ok

J​ust let me know when you are ready

No we only unplugged it for a few seconds so we will unplug for 5 minutes. Here are the numbers from inside door: w10252722, and NFW7300WW00 and ser HL03291344. We will have to continue this tomorrow as it is 8:30pm and the call was supposed to be returned this afternoon. We don't have the time now. Can we continue this tomorrow.?

I totally understand. I am more then happy to continue tomorrow as it is 1:15 am here :) so I totally understand. I will be more then happy to finish up with you then. By the way the second set NFW7300WW00 ​ that is the model number just for future reference as well. Just message me on here when you are ready to begin.

what are you saying? Can I do this tomorrow as there is no one here now to pull the washer out. I was supposed to get a responce in a half hour and it took more like 6 hours. I can rate the call tomorrow.

yes tomorrow is just fine. I am not asking you to rate at all.

I can't credit you if we can't finish and we can't finish so I will have to say goodbye and try again tomorrow.

I will be here to hear from you tomorrow.

Amana Tandem 7300, Mod WFW7000WW00, ser. HL03291344, type 832A. Is anyone there? Can you help?

ok ​so were you ever able to unplug it for 5 minutes to do a hard reset?

unplugged. Going out now be back tomorrow.

ok sounds good

when you come back tomorrow the first thing I want you to do is run the diagnostics test and lets see what it tells us

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sm-backend-production-attachments/09001a50802d1909/Tech%20Sheet%20-%20W10252711%20-%20Rev%20A.pdf​