Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Bosch She5al02 dishwasher that was stopped in mid…

Customer Question
Ok... So I have...

Ok... So I have a Bosch She5al02 dishwasher that was stopped in mid cycle and will not finish the cycle. I have Bosch User Guid3 in front of me and it says for my unit, to cancel the cycle, It says to press and hold the State button and hold until the Active light goes out. Then wait for about a minute for the dishwasher to drain then press the on/Off button . Appar3ntly I should

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

8 or 9 years old roughly. No older

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It has done this a couple of times before but not often enogh to remember the correct proce3dure. It will start the cycle. Yes What are you thinking?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so. It seems to drain but won't complete cycle. The it will restart and add water again.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/10/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 6 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

Please.

just so I understand it adds water drains and then adds water again? Do the dishes get hot? Does the soap come out? How long is this happening for?

Hi Travis. This started a week ago and at first, it would not dispense the soap tablet, but that could be that it has not gotten to that part of the cycle to open the cover. Don't know about the temperature but it does drain and it does add. When you try to restart the cycle, it makes a sound like a pump, previously replaced, and worked fine for a couple of years now, then you hear the water drain through the under sink drain, then you hear water being added then the swoosh like it is washing, then after 10 or 15 seconds it stops. Have to verify that process order but it seems to work but when you open the door, there is usually still water in the bottom, and the dishes are wet. Does that help a little. It has done this a couple of times over the years that I have owned it. It may have even been the reason why I apparently tried this service before. Might want to check and see, just to confirm.

ok ​this could be a few things like a float switch/pressure switch problem or motor in order to assist you better though I will need the full model number on the inside of the door area.

ok now you said it never runs long enough to get hot. Are you referring to the water or the dishes itself?

I will run through the process again and see. It never runs long enough to get hot. The other couple of times it was a simple push of buttons and away we go on a new cycle. Have attached picture office serial number. Well for sont reason item has decided to start and ran through a complete cycle. Will lettres youpi know show item workshops out acter s couple office cycles.

push sanitize, then heat and dry, sanitize, heat and dry, sanitize, heat and dry, cancel, then open and close the door. Let me know if that works.

If this does work

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

I ​wanted to follow up with you to see if you were needing anything else.

Hi. Not sure yet as dishwasher how's not been tried again get but will be today. Thanks for the follow up. Wi advise.
Hi. Not sure yet as dishwasher how's not been tried again get but will be today. Thanks for the follow up. Wil advise.

anytime. Please do keep me posted and in the event that you need nothing further please do rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you form getting back to me in the event you need me.

Not sure how to proceed. Your answers were not what got the dishwasher working. How do I rate you when you were unable to help? The dishwasher stated on its own as described above. I never did the "push sanitize, then heat and dry, sanitize, heat and dry, sanitize, heat and dry, cancel, then open and close the door. Let me know if that works. " There is a Sanitize, but no heat or dry to push/activate, so unable to follow your instructions. Therefore not even sure I if I should pay for advice that did not work?

There is no need to rate then if you did not find my information helpful. I will send this in to be refunded. In the event the problem comes back feel free to reach back out to us on here.