Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool Estate, 1982 4 burner gas stove that has…

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool...

I have a Whirlpool Estate, 1982 4 burner gas stove that has been convertted to propane. My oven pilot light works and flares up when the oven is turned on but will not shoot over to the long bar with holes. Are parts available to fix it and instructions to do so?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The exact model is SF 302E SPWO and had a date of 1982 on it.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can find some old geezer that knows about these, then "no". If not I guess I can try to do it myself.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Most oftentimes, the pilot and burner tube holes just need to be cleaned. Use a small bristle brush to brush the area of the burner where the flame should be very well. Then, light the pilot and turn the oven on, using a long screwdriver (or similar) to tap the area of the burner to loosen any particles and see if the burner will then light. Let me know what happens, please.

I haven't been able to try it yet. If it doesn't work are there parts available to fix it?

Not many parts are still available but you may not need any. Let me know how it goes!