Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 2 year old bosch dishwasher model#SHE33T55UC/07…

Customer Question
I have a 2...

I have a 2 year old bosch dishwasher model#SHE33T55UC/07 serial####-##-#### The heater has stopped working (error E:09). The technician is concerned it may be a wiring issue that caused the heater to stop working so replacing the heater may not solve the problem and he may have to come back to replace wiring at which time it maybe makes more sense to buy a new dishwasher. Have you heard of this problem before and what do you recommend?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its 2 years old exactly (Xmas 2015) in addition to the dodel and serial numbers I gave you it is a "SilencePlus"

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have a technician with me right now suggesting I contact you for advise on how to proceed.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that Im aware of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

E09 is a stright forward heat pump fault. As these dishwashers use a wash motor that has the heater built in so its a complete unit. Now these are prone for failing as we replace loads of them for this fault here.

As the heater section fails on there and causes the error code on these. Now the wiring never fails so not sure why your tech said it needs the motor and wiring as the never do. It will just need a new heat pump on this and that will sort the fault from there for you.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Thank you! Is this part/labour covered under warranty?

If you still have a warrenty on it then yes this will be covered.

Apparently there is a 5 year warranty on parts for all Bosch appliances?

Theres usually 2 years parts and labour warrenty on all Bosch products. But somtimes they do deals were they give a 5 year warrenty. But this is something you need to check with Bosch if yours is part of a 5 year deal.

But standered its a 2 year warrenty they give,

Are you not Bosch?

No, We are Just answer. We are a self help site were we help people to fix there own appliances or help them findng someone if they need it.

We are not Bosch but i do repairs on all Bosch products.