Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool duet washer that locks the door by it…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool duet washer that locks the door by it self. Is that a manufacture problem or software issue. it has happened about 6 times the first time happen a few months after we bought them. what can we do?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We bought them in April 2015 and the model I do not know where to find it.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible, yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The only problem right now is that I can not move the machine to disconnect it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

So your saying that the unit is not even powered ON and the washer is locking the door ?

And is the door locked at this time?

ok do you know how to manually unlock the door?