Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool quiet partner 1, and someone must have…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool quiet partner 1, and someone must have stood on it while the door was open. The door is now bent downwards and won't close. What part is broken and how do I repair it?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Probably 15 years old, and it's a whirlpool quiet partner 1

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I want to, but it depends on the complexity

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a full model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the TUB (not the door itself) and can be seen if you open the door so that I can better assist you?

du915pwkso

Perfect thank you. So on this model if the door is leaning down, it means that the hinges bent. Now the hinges are part of the frame of the dishwasher. You can certainly try to remove the door and see if you can bend the hinges back, but that could be quite a trial and error type scenario. Otherwise, if you need the frame for the door, the part number you need is WP9743028 and it costs about $45.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.