Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Freezer is 0 temp fridge is at 55 we defrosted still same.

Customer Question
freezer is 0 temp...

freezer is 0 temp fridge is at 55 we defrosted still same

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Ge profile 3 yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/10/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

If it is all defrosted and still not cooling well, the issue is most likely to be with a fan motor or an air damper.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

PFE29PSDCSS

This model uses two evaporators, one in the freezer and one in the refrigerator.

1. Do you hear a fan running in the refrigerator?
  2. If you feel the back wall of the refrigerator, at the bottom, is it cold?
to both question

So the fan is running in the refrigerator and the back wall is cold but the refrigerator is at 55*?

Have you removed the rear panel from the inside of the refrigerator, number 799 at the link below?

CLICK HERE

i haven't removed that what would i be looking for when i do

See if there is frost build up that may be blocking the air flow. If the panel is cold and the fan is running, I suspect there may be.