Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a t year old bottom freezer that stopped cooling

Customer Question
I have a t...

I have a t year old bottom freezer that stopped cooling yesterday and started making louder wirring noise. I vacumed and the noise reduced however cooling isnt happening. the motor seems to be circulating the air in both the fridge and freezer compartments.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

2014 GE

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

PFSS5NFCA SS

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I might do it myself if its a simple fix

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Okay, pull the unit out so you can get behind it. Remove the back lower panel to access the compressor area and condenser fan. Check and see if the fan is running and also see if the compressor is vibrating or not, plus see if the compressor is hot ,cold or warm to the touch. please post back to me with what you have found. Also note anything you have changed out part wise or have done and not mentioned in your original post. I am helping other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.