Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I was trying to clean my oven. I do not have a clean icon on…

Customer Question
Hi, John. I...

Hi, John. I was trying to clean my oven. I do not have a clean icon on the controls. I saw underneath the +/- buttons to hold for 3 seconds to lock. Well, now I cannot get it off and I cannot use my oven, only surface units.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

It is a GE Range, Model JBS60DF3BB, Serial #RF211021Q, 2 yrs old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What work? Can you tell me how to reset. Would there have to be service call?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can send you a picture of my controls. Would that help?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So first the +/- buttons are used to lock your control panel. If you press and hold both the + and - buttons together for 3 seconds it will lock and unlock your control panel. So if the control panel won't respond, press and hold the + and - buttons again to unlock the panel.

This oven just doesn't have self clean which is why you couldn't find a button to start self clean. You must manually clean this oven with Easy Off spray or something like that.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?