Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Bosch dishwasher is giving me an F-15 code. Bosch tells…

Customer Question
My Bosch dishwasher is...

My Bosch dishwasher is giving me an F-15 code. Bosch tells me that I will need someone to come out to fix is, but the nearest person I can find is 60 miles away. Is there anything I can do?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I estimate that it is 3 years + old. It is an SHX68T55UC/02FD950201394

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is within my limited capabilities.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The F-15 problem code appeared with the extreme cold. I think the problem is related to the intake freezing especially since the problem would come and go for varying periods. Even with the warmer weather today (in the high 40's) it is showing the F-15 code.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So this error 15 means that water has gotten into the base pan below the dishwasher and it is now in flood mode. You've probably noticed that the drain pump will run all the time now as well. What that means is that water has worked it's way down into the base pan below the dishwasher tub causing the unit to do nothing but drain. This is normally caused by the drain being clogged or too many suds in the tub causing the tub to overflow a bit. My guess would be that if it's so cold, the drain line may have froze. Either way, you'll need to uninstall the dishwasher and tip it forward at a 45 degree angle to drain the water out of the base pan. Be sure to put a towel under the dishwasher first so that the water is soaked up in the towel instead of going all over the floor. Once you've drained all the water out of the base pan and you're sure everything is thawed out, reinstall the dishwasher and pour a gallon of water in the dishwasher. If it drains it out right away and doesn't wash or refill, you still have water left in the base pan to try again, otherwise you're good to go.

Now if you don't want to do all this work just to get your dishwasher working again and you have time, let the dishwasher just sit unused for a week and the water in the base pan will evaporate as time goes on and the dishwasher will start working again after a week.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?