Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Cleaned our oven and it wont heat up now. There is a light…

Customer Question
Cleaned our oven and...

Cleaned our oven and it wont heat up now. There is a light that says something about start time

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Kitchenaid KEBC107KSS04

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It worked fine prior to cleaning. I think it just 'locked' up somehow

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So unfortunately this issue happens often to almost all Kitchen Aid model ovens during self clean. On the back of the oven is a high limit thermal fuse which tend to fail and cuts power to the heaters. The threshold is very low on the fuse so if you run self cleaning, there is a chance for it to fail. I recommend only self cleaning for 2:30 instead of the standard 3:30 for this reason. Either way, the entire oven will need to be uninstalled and the back sheet metal panel behind the oven would need to be unscrewed so you have access to the fuse for replacement. Below is a link to the fuse you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for thermal fuse

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Why is the display showing “start time”

That just means the oven thinks you pressed a button to used time cook option. If it won't clear out, flip the breaker off to the oven and reset power for 60 seconds and see if the electronics will reset. If it comes back up with start time and the panel won't respond, then unfortunately the touchpad shorted out because it thinks you pressed the cook time button.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?